Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Divine Intervention

In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. Romans 8:26

I’m not trying to be disrespectful or flippant, I’m just feeling soooo frustrated with myself. It must be that pesky perfection gene that pops up from time to time.

I feel like I need some divine intervention today. I’m feeling anxious by my lack of technical knowledge. I’m trying out a new blog site and I hope to share it soon. The person helping me has been most gracious and patient, yet I’m sure will soon be growing weary of me if I don’t learn my way around the site quicker than I’m am so far.

I am praying I will “get it”. Sadly I feel like I’m trying to do something blindfolded. I am one of those ‘hands on’ people. Show me how to do something a couple of times and I can usually grasp it.

If I was looking at a cookbook I wouldn’t be having this problem. I know my way around the kitchen. I understand all of those cooking terms, whip, cream, fold, stir, chop, dice etc. I’m able to follow a recipe and by looking at the measurements for the ingredients, I know from experience if I want to add more or less of any particular ingredient.

I can program TiVo’s, VCR’s, TV’s, Digital Appliances and even the gadgets in our car. I’ve been using computers for years. I use Outlook, Excel, Word, Zoom Browsers, I-Tune and the list goes on….so why can’t I get all the gadgets on this new site? I feel like I’m trying to learn a new language. Hmmm….if I could just become a bit geeky.

As I step out into this new realm of unknown, if you will, say a little prayer for me.

A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step. (Lao-Tse)

No comments: